- New York, NY
- Full Time
- Mid Level
The Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law is a nonpartisan law and policy institute that seeks to improve systems of democracy and justice in the United States. We work to hold our political institutions and laws accountable to the twin American ideals of democracy and equal justice for all. Brennan Center’s work ranges from voting rights to campaign finance reform, from ending mass incarceration to preserving Constitutional protection in the fight against terrorism. Part think tank, part advocacy group, part cutting edge communications hub, we start with rigorous research. We craft innovative policies. And we fight for them – in Congress and the states, the courts, and in the court of public opinion.
The Communications Department is seeking an Event Manager, reporting to the Director of Events and Partnerships, to assist in production, marketing, organization and logistical arrangements of Brennan Center public events (both in-person and virtual).
Note: This is a hybrid position. Staff are currently working from home 2 days a week.
Core responsibilities include:
Work with Brennan Center Vice President of Communications, and Director of Events and Partnerships on the Communications team to help:
- Plan, stage, market, promote, organize upcoming in-person and virtual public events, both daytime and evening programming.
- Plan execution of all event logistics such as Eventbrite and website listings, invitations, catering, floor plan, audio/visual set up, run of show, etc.
- Work with the organization’s digital team to help build a crowd through outreach and email acquisition strategies using social media, publicity, and partnerships
- Act as a technical producer assistant during virtual events
- Maintain department finances and budget
- Among the day-to-day tasks:
- Develop promotional marketing message and assets in support of an event
- Project manage deliverables with digital and design teams to market event programming through online, email, and social platforms in addition to audio, video, and photography
- Report on performance statistics for all programs, which includes providing analysis to internal teams, ensuring continual improvement
- Collaborate with NYU and partners to market events
- Manage all aspects of event registration:
- Post event listings
- Message event attendees
- Track RSVPs
- Create and edit content in internal website CMS
- Brainstorm content, book speakers, conduct research, and draft scripts
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree;
- 3-5+ years of events experience, evidence of successful execution in event production or communications-related fields;
- Proven ability to run events both live, digital and hybrid.
- Experience with live streaming platforms (Zoom Webinar and StreamYard preferred), event registration software (Eventbrite preferred) project management software (Basecamp preferred), and CRM database (Salesforce preferred)
- Digital marketing experience
- Strong ability to manage project deliverables among various teams and departments (digital, design, editorial, Brennan Center program departments)
- Strong writing skills and media savvy;
- Highly organized, keen attention to detail and the ability to multi-task;
- Knowledge of standard event practices and procedures;
- Enthusiasm about democracy reform and social justice;
- Excellent inter-personal skills and tested ability to negotiate between people with different training and different approaches to problems and communication;
- Openness to evolving responsibilities and a sense of humor.
Salary: The salary is highly competitive in the field and commensurate with experience. A generous benefits package is available as well.
Applications: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until a qualified candidate is identified. To apply, please visit https://brennancenter.applytojob.com/apply/6RZQqWLTaY/Event-Manager and upload the following application materials (preferably in pdf format): a cover letter, a resume, a writing sample, and contact information for three references. No phone calls or faxes. Please reference where you saw this posting.
If you have difficulty with the online system, you may send your application by e-mail to: email@example.com with “Event Manager” in the subject line, after registering in the online system. Applying through our website is strongly preferred.
Note: The Brennan Center is committed to public health and to the safety and wellbeing of our colleagues and visitors. As such, we have adopted a policy requiring all employees working in the New York and Washington, DC offices to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including having a booster, or to meet the legal guidelines for an exemption.
The Brennan Center for Justice is committed to a workplace based on equal opportunity and a strong belief in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce. To this end, Brennan Center
- Welcomes and hires applicants of all races, ethnicities, gender identities, socioeconomic identities and sexual orientations, including people who have been previously incarcerated;
- Creates a workplace where true diversity is fostered and different perspectives are valued and freely exchanged;
- Ensures that all members of the Brennan Center community feel welcome and respected, and have equal opportunities to thrive and advance within the institution; and
- Is committed to supporting low-income communities and communities of color particularly affected by social inequities.