Digital Production Associate
The Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law is a nonpartisan law and policy institute that seeks to improve the systems of democracy and justice in the United States. We work to hold our political institutions and laws accountable to the twin American ideals of democracy and equal justice for all. The Brennan Center’s work ranges from voting rights to census protection, from ending mass incarceration to preserving constitutional protections in the fight against terrorism. Part think tank, part legal advocacy group, part cutting-edge communications hub, we start with rigorous research. We craft innovative policies. And we fight for them—in the courts, in Congress and the states, and the court of public opinion.
The Digital Production Associate reports to the Digital Director and supports the Digital Campaign Producer and the Senior Web Strategist. The Digital Production Associate produces and publishes digital media content for the Brennan Center for Justice’s website, email newsletters, and advocacy and fundraising sends. S/he is responsible for day-to-day content publishing as well as designing testing methodologies, interpreting metrics and results, and helping to increase visibility and engagement across all of Brennan Center for Justice’s digital channels. The Digital Strategist Associate will possess experience with HTML and CSS, Drupal, and basic graphic editing skills.
Note: This is a hybrid position. Staff are currently working from home 2 days a week.
Role & Responsibilities
- Provide ongoing support to a multidisciplinary team that manages online advocacy, social media, the website, digital advertising, the national email program, online campaigning, and online fundraising.
- Collaborate with Communications and program staff to identify high-impact opportunities to increase the visibility of our programmatic work and to generate web traffic and email list growth.
- Build reports, analyses, explainers, and other content as needed to the Brennan Center for Justice website, working closely with the creative and editorial teams.
- Help produce and test HTML emails for newsletters, fundraising, and action alerts; collaborate on devising email A/B tests and re-engagement opportunities.
- Help collect website, advocacy, and fundraising metrics using Salesforce and other tools, and produce regular metrics reports.
- Assist with weekend web and social media publishing as part of a rotating coverage schedule.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
Experience & Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience, and a minimum of 2 years related experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML and CSS; Drupal or Salesforce/Pardot experience a plus.
- Basic experience with Photoshop preferred but not required.
- Professional experience posting content to social media channels preferred but not required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to multitask, manage an evolving request queue, and meet tight deadlines.
- Commitment to the mission and goals of the Brennan Center for Justice.
The Brennan Center is committed to advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the workplace. We continuously work with our staff to find new ways to increase diversity and to build and cultivate an inclusive and equitable work environment, where everyone can be their true-self and feel a strong sense of belonging. As such, we seek to hire employees who have a commitment to and/or experience with diversity, equity, and inclusion. In addition, we expect employees to participate/contribute with DEI initiatives or activities with recruitment, retention, and workplace culture.
Salary: The salary is highly competitive in the field and commensurate with experience.
To Apply: To apply, please visit https://brennancenter.applytojob.com/apply/kUG51qIhrO/Digital-Production-Associate and upload a cover letter, resume and references. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, and decisions will be made as soon as an appropriate candidate is identified. We prefer applications to be submitted through our website. If you have difficulty uploading these items as one document, e-mail them to email@example.com with “Digital Production Associate” in the subject line.
Note: The Brennan Center is committed to public health and to the safety and wellbeing of our colleagues and visitors. As such, we have adopted a policy requiring all employees working in the New York and Washington, DC offices to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including having a booster, or to meet the legal guidelines for an exemption.
The Brennan Center for Justice is committed to a workplace based on equal opportunity and a strong belief in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce. To this end, Brennan Center
- Welcomes and hires applicants of all races, ethnicities, gender identities, socioeconomic identities and sexual orientations, including people who have been previously incarcerated;
- Creates a workplace where true diversity is fostered and different perspectives are valued and freely exchanged;
- Ensures that all members of the Brennan Center community feel welcome and respected, and have equal opportunities to thrive and advance within the institution; and
- Is committed to supporting low-income communities and communities of color particularly affected by social inequities.