Spring 2023 Events Undergraduate Intern
- Helping produce public and private events about Brennan Center issues both virtually and in-person.
- Note that many events will take place in the early evening, so candidates need to be available to attend events.
- Editorial and administration jobs may include coordinating meetings, drafting scripts, brainstorming guests and moderators, drafting routine correspondence; track publisher lists for new titles in our subject areas.
- Marketing tasks to promote events include helping with strategies and contacts for audience outreach, reaching out to co-sponsors; brainstorming, building and updating outreach lists.
- Production duties include conducting program research, tracking and organizing event logistics.
- Maintaining multi-media tracking lists and archive (audio, video, photos)
- Programs have included: , author of Between the World and Me; , former U.S. Attorney SDNY; , NBC News Correspondent; CNN’s ; , author of White Rage; , Senior Editor and legal correspondent, Slate; , former Assistant to President Barack Obama for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism; , President, Schumann Media Center.
The Brennan Center is committed to advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the workplace. We continuously work with our staff to find new ways to increase diversity and to build and cultivate an inclusive and equitable work environment, where everyone can be their true self and feel a strong sense of belonging. As such, we seek to hire employees who have a commitment to and/or experience with diversity, equity, and inclusion. In addition, we expect employees to participate/contribute with DEI initiatives or activities with recruitment, retention, and workplace culture.
This position is only open to current undergraduate students
Hours: Approximately 15-25 hours per week
Pay: $15.00 per hour.
Duration: Spring Semester 2023
Application Deadline: December 2, 2022, however, candidates will be considered on a rolling basis and decisions made as soon as appropriate candidates are identified.
To Apply: Please visit https://brennancenter.applytojob.com/apply/qfFxckeX8Z/Spring-2023-Events-Undergraduate-Intern and upload (preferably as pdf) your cover letter, resume, and a list of contact details for three references. No phone calls, please.
If you have difficulty with the online system, you may send your application by e-mail to: email@example.com with “Spring Communications Eventsnternship” in the subject line, after registering in the online system. Applying through our website is strongly preferred.
The Brennan Center for Justice is committed to a workplace based on equal opportunity and a strong belief in the increased effectiveness that comes from a diverse workforce. To this end, Brennan Center
- Welcomes and hires applicants of all races, ethnicities, gender identities, socioeconomic identities and sexual orientations, including people who have been previously incarcerated;
- Creates a workplace where true diversity is fostered and different perspectives are valued and freely exchanged;
- Ensures that all members of the Brennan Center community feel welcome and respected, and have equal opportunities to thrive and advance within the institution; and
- Is committed to supporting low-income communities and communities of color particularly affected by social inequities.